April's blizzard ruined plans for our spring gear swap so we are having an autumn gear swap this year! The rescheduled date is Saturday, September 22 from 10am to 5pm. Note that the location has changed to the pavilion at Bay Beach Amusement Park, Green Bay.
Have extra gear or too many boats? Need a new (to you) boat, paddling gear or equipment? Bring your spare gear, extra boats and wish list! Standard gear swap format - we'll provide a space and table for the gear you wish to sell - you set the price and make the deal!
Several of our northeast Wisconsin paddle sports stores and outfitters will participate, offering gear for sale, program information and expertise in our mini-presentations:
Paddling Presentation Topics
These topics will be presented through the gear swap day. Check back for an updated schedule:
- 10:00 AM Putting the Ability in Disability -Team River Runner Team
- 10:30 AM My Happy Place; Kayaking Door County - Babs Smith
- 11:00 AM Vets Kayak Fishing - Kevin, Heroes on the Water
- 11:30 AM NEWP's Public Paddle Events - Jeff Mazanec, David Horst
- 12:00 PM Kayak Safety - USCG Kevin Osgood
- 12:30 PM History of the Might Fox River - Fox River Kayak Company
- 1:00 PM Race the Fox - Don Anderson
- 1:30 PM Paddling Greece - Your Adventure Awaits - Daren Barrett
- 2:00 PM Yoga for Paddlers - Abby Ledvina
Sampling of Boats Offered for Sale
A full list of boats offered for sale at the gear swap will not be known until they show up on Saturday, but we already have confirmation that at least the following boats will be offered for sale. Note that the hyperlinks are to the manufacturers' product pages and may not accurately reflect the current condition or outfitting of the used boats available:
Test Paddling This venue is a short (250 foot) walk from the bay; test paddling may be possible if permitted by the boat owner.
Forward Workshop Info to Your Friends!