2018 Heritage Paddle Series
Join us for any or all of our public paddles. You don't have to be a club member, but you might discover that you want to be. Most events cost $10 for adults, free for kids under 16 with an adult. You can just show up at the put-in with a $10 bill in your hand, but we would like to know to expect you. Here is a list of our planned 2018 paddles. Details to come.
2018 Public Paddle Preview!Plans are underway for our 2018 paddle events. Here's what we have figured out so far!
- May 5, Waupaca River: Riverside Park in Waupaca to Weyauwega Lake, with lunch to follow at a local establishment.
- May 19-20, Fox River: White River Dam to Berlin (Saturday); Berlin to Omro (Sunday) - tried and true popular weekend trip on the venerable Fox River.
- June 16-17 Peshtigo Flowage: 4th annual weekend tour of Caldron Falls and High Falls reservoirs. A shared meal at the picnic shelter Saturday evening and camping available at Tommy Thompson State Park. 8 miles Saturday. 6 miles Sunday.
- July 21, 17th annual Park-to-Park Paddle: Shattuck Park, Neenah, to Lutz Park, Appleton. 8.5 miles.
- August 4, Manitowoc River: Manitowoc Harbor upstream to Manitou Park and back, with lunch to follow at Tony's Pizza.
- September 29, Appleton Locks Paddle: Lutz Park in Appleton to Sunset Point in Kimberly, with Octoberfest in downtown Appleton to follow!
Public Paddle Planning
NEWP's public paddle events have roots in the Fox-Wolf Watershed Alliance Special Places Program that featured public paddle events from 2000 through 2008. Starting in 2009, NEWP partnered with the Fox-Wisconsin Heritage Parkway to host a series of paddles along the Fox and Wisconsin Rivers, and their tributaries. Currently, paddle events are hosted by NEWP throughout north east Wisconsin to offer paddlers a variety of paddling experiences and venues.
Many individuals have voluntarily provided their time and talent to plan and host these events. The current core planning committee is David Horst, Tom Young, Scott Thomson and Jeff Mazanec. Several other individuals provide essential Input to event planning and support of the actual public paddle events. Contact any of the above with questions or if you are interested in lending your expertise and support!